On the weekend of May 16th and 17th 2015, Bucharest will host a Mini DebConf with both talks and social events, to which everyone in Debian is invited but the speakers in the talks are all people who identify themselves as female. We consider this important to:
- Encourage women who haven’t yet given their first DebConf talk
- Provide role models for women who are interested in contributing
- Debunk the myth that there are not enough women who can give talks in DebConf
The idea behind the conference is not to talk about women in free software, or women in debian, but rather to make discussion about Debian subjects more inclusive for women.
TFM Group Software is providing the live streaming of MiniDebConf Bucharest 2015.
Live Streaming schedule:
- May 16th from 9:30 to 18:30
- May 17th from 10:00 to 17:00